ndowments are a wonderful way to make a gift that will permanently benefit the parish, school, or specific ministry. They provide a donor with a chance to Create a Catholic Legacy for families, individuals, parishes and schools.
Some of the benefits include:
- The donor decides who will be the recipient of the endowment, such as a parish, school or other Catholic organization.
- The donor has the opportunity to name the endowment in honor or in memory of a loved one.
- The donor’s original and subsequent gifts (corpus) will be held in perpetuity with only the income being available for annual distributions.
- The donor has the assurance that the gift will be invested to provide for the long-term needs of the beneficiary.
- The donor will have the knowledge that the endowment will further sustain the work of the Catholic Church.
- The donor will obtain federal and state tax advantages, depending upon the circumstance of the donor.
- The donor has the security of knowing that the endowment is professionally managed and positioned for future growth with the pooling of all assets at the Catholic Foundation.